We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our management team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree. Experience in lieu of degree for the right person.
• Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
• Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct daybook, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger.
• Bring the books to the trial balance stage.
• Perform partial checks of the posting process.
• Complete tax forms.
• Enter data, maintain records, and create reports and financial statements.
• Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner.
• Assist with payroll and other routine company functions.
Requirements and skills
• Proven bookkeeping experience.
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
• Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
• Proficiency in English and in MS Office and QuickBooks.
• Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
Location: Outer Banks, NC
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30AM-5:00PM
Pay Range: $18-20 Per Hour Depending on Experience
Likely Potential to become Full-Time/Year-Round with Benefits
<< Return to Job Openings