Perform all housekeeping functions and assist the housekeeping managers to ensure the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department are being met. This position will be critical in training all cleaners and inspectors to meet or exceed our housekeeping standards.
This role will act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of housekeeping with the Maintenance, Reservation, and Linen Service departments. This position will be required to run housekeeping reports, verify housekeeping status at each home, determine housekeeping assignment discrepancies, prioritize rental home cleaning, and update the status of arriving and departing rental homes. In addition, assist the housekeeping managers with daily activities including but not limited to scheduling, cleaning supply inventory, and delivering guest/team member requests. In charge of housekeeping office and/or building cleanliness and organization as directed by supervisor and/or management. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordinate and/or perform all office functions especially on Saturdays and/or heavy turn days including but not limited to shift opening and closing.
• Always treat homeowners/guests/team members with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
• Display honesty & integrity.
• Employs excellent employee relations and team-building skills.
• Maintain open communication with the supervisor and all other departments.
• Adhere to company Health and Safety guidelines.
• Participate in pre-shift meetings.
• Work under pressure and with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
• Report immediately any accident and/or incident which may occur while at work.
• Ensure overall consistency and efficiency of the Housekeeping department.
• Document and resolve issues with discrepant homes with Housekeeping Manager or Reservations Manager
• Prepare and distribute assignment sheets/workboards to the Housekeeping staff.
• Ensure that vacant dirty rental homes are cleaned by the necessary time and assign rush/priorities on homes that need special cleaning attention.
• Complete required Housekeeping paperwork.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; report concerns of other employees accordingly.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards while maintaining the highest level of cleanliness and organization.
• Act and assume all responsibilities of the housekeeping manager when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Thorough knowledge of shift opening and closing, inventory control, ordering supplies, payroll, scheduling, and managing budgets.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• Ability to coach and train 1-5 housekeepers/inspectors at one time including mentoring office coordinators.
• Ability to multi-task, work in fast paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
Physical activities may include climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions. The employee must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Must be able to climb three to four flights of stairs as directed by supervisor. Able to work in all weather conditions.
• Must live in Hatteras Island, Nags Head, or Manteo
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalency.
• Commercial cleaning experience preferred.
• Hospitality experience preferred or experience in a related field.
• Two or more years of experience in Housekeeping Office Coordinator or Supervisor capacity while working with a team of 100 – 150 housekeepers.
• Experience coaching and training of 1-5 housekeepers/inspectors required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other team members and departments.
• Experience with a Property Management System preferred.
• Experience managing inventory, ordering supplies, processing payroll, scheduling, and managing department budgets.
Salary: $40,000 Range, Depending on Experience
Shift: Five-day work week with required weekends
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Employment Status: Full Time/Year-Round
Location: Avon or Salvo
<< Return to Job Openings