• Manage a team of maintenance technicians in a specific area.
• Always treat homeowners/guests/team members with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
• Responsible for the overall scheduling of the department.
• Work order responsibility, making sure technicians receive and complete work orders in a timely manner.
• Inspect homes on a regular basis in conjunction with performing other duties.
• Coordinate with vendors on work order tasks and completion.
• Ensuring maintenance staff follow through on assignments and giving instructions regarding work methods and routines.
• Covering for the team when necessary.
• Maintain open communication with the Maintenance Coordinator and Technicians.
• Recommending performance evaluations, resolving problems, and implementing disciplinary action with appropriate team members and assistance from the human resources department.
• Ordering, maintaining, and replenishing maintenance supplies and inventory.
• A key contact for homeowners.
• 1-3 years of managing 30 or more technicians, preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience managing a maintenance department.
• Highly organized, attention to detail. This position requires a constant balancing of priorities, staying organized is essential to managing your workload and those you manage.
• Must have a clean driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to multi-task while being detail orientated.
• Must have experience with computers and willing to learn new software.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Working weekends and holidays is required.
• A willingness to help when needed is essential.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Must live on Hatteras Island, Nags Head, or Manteo
Where: Vacation Rental Company on Hatteras Island
Salary: $50-60,000 Full Time/Year Round
<< Return to Job Openings