Job Description: Quality Technician 2 will assume responsibility for testing and inspecting products at various stages of the production process and compile, evaluate data to determine the quality and reliability of products.
1. Conduct standardized tests of peanuts, granulated peanuts, and peanut butters/pastes for flavor, odor, moisture, color, grind, or other factors to verify conformity to specifications.
2. While performing these duties, the employee will be required to smell and taste samples of product to ensure they meet specifications.
3. Pull product samples and/or swab for environmental samples to be evaluated by outside lab testing.
4. Record test results on standardized forms including calculating percentages and averages. Must notify operator and supervisor of any non-conformity and complete documentation of all actions and results.
5. Verify metal detector functionality on a regular basis and document results and follow procedures for deviations.
6. Set up loads for scheduled production and prepare set-up of loads for the oncoming shift.
7. Employees will be expected to clean and sanitize equipment and instruments when necessary. They are also expected to handle general housekeeping duties of their work area.
8. While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers to handle/ feel or pull; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. You will occasionally lift and/or move heavy equipment or parts, 40-50 pounds unassisted, or assist others in moving shifting, or positioning heavier objects.
9. All employees are directly responsible for the Quality of Olam Edible Nuts products. Each employee must perform their job function in accordance to the GMP Rules and the Sanitation, Safety, and Food Safety Plan.
10. Must follow safe work practices and comply with all company, federal and state rules and regulations that apply to the job, including but not limited to, Right to Know, emergency evacuation, electrical safety, confined space, bloodborne pathogens, and lockout/tagout.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to perform math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages, and percentages, using a calculator.
• Work independently in the absence of supervisor, ensuring that all tasks are completed.
Location: Edenton, NC
Position: Temporary Fulltime with possibility for Temporary to Hire
<< Return to Job Openings