The Recreation Assistant creates, plans, and implements programs with assigned groups of all ages in varying events and activities both indoors and outdoors. Does related work as required.
Essential Job Functions
• Create, Plan, and Implement a variety of recreation programs, activities, and camps such as games, sports, trips, dance, music, storytelling, nature, STEM, special events, tournaments, etc.
• Teaches assigned programs/ activities within the facility.
• Promote programs, and activities across all physical and digital media platforms.
• Open and Closes facilities according to schedule.
• Resolve customer conflicts regarding programming and facility usage.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of program supplies and equipment prior to the start of the program.
• Checks patrons in at the recreation center and handles payments from those making reservations for facilities, activities, and events.
• Inspects facilities and equipment for safety, operation, and cleanliness.
• Sets up a variety of equipment not limited to chairs, tables, and sports equipment.
• Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and ability to resolve conflicts.
• Answers the telephone; provides information.
• Performs custodial duties; maintains and restocks supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• One to two years of related experience or education preferred.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a CPR/First Aid certification.
Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, walking, and which involves some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds).
Location: Outer Banks, NC
Pay: $16/Hour and Up, Depending on Experience
Schedule: Varied Schedule with Some Evenings and Weekends Required
<< Return to Job Openings