One of our longtime clients is looking for temporary warehouse workers to assist at their Elizabeth City location.
Qualifications: High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience; 1 or more years experience in a retail or warehouse environment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, repeatedly.
• All Employees must adhere to the “Drug and Alcohol Policy.”
• Ability to work in a warehouse environment (standing, stooping, and lifting for long periods of time).
• Ability to communicate and follow directions.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Principal Activities of the Positions:
• Performs Sweeping – cleaning up of work area only.
• Daily warehouse inspection for Pest & Sanitation.
• Updates Daily Donations and Destruction Logs.
• Pulls orders-counting, weighing, and tagging for agency delivery and in-house pick-ups.
• Stocking of product in FIFO order from racks to floor locations.
• Ensuring lot codes/pallet tags match products on sales orders prior to pulling.
• Maintain a high level of Customer Service with Donors and Agencies.
• Ensure accurate segregation (sorting) of inventory items.
• Ensuring all Safety and Sanitation rules are followed.
• Ability to work as part of a team with volunteers, staff, and inmates.
• Maintain good communication with staff, inmates, and volunteers in the completion of daily tasks.
• Ensure compliance with the client’s operating guidelines, regulations, and policies.
• All other duties assigned.
Each employee is responsible for reporting all damage, accidents, and problems to the Warehouse Supervisor, as they occur.
The client’s relationship with the community is one of high visibility and all staff must exercise a great deal of diplomacy and maintain a friendly and professional demeanor when dealing with various stakeholders.
All equipment and maintenance training will be provided by senior staff prior to the unsupervised operation of maintenance of equipment.
Position: Temporary Warehouse Worker
Reports to: Operations Manager
Pay rate: $10 – $12 per hour
Schedule: 40 hours per week
<< Return to Job Openings