We are seeking skilled, reliable general laborers to provide manual labor tasks on construction sites and in other environments. You will be responsible for assisting contractors, providing manual labor to include carrying tools, supplies, and inventory. You will be expected to follow all site health and safety regulations. A strong work ethic and reliability are essential as well as attention to detail.
General Labor Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow project instructions from site supervisor.
• Unload and load tools and supplies, prepare building site materials, stack materials, and set up equipment.
• Consult with construction plans as needed.
• Direct traffic safety around the construction or road maintenance site.
• Help erect scaffolding.
• Clean up sites, collecting trash.
• Assist specialized workers such as welders, painters, electricians, and skilled carpenters.
• Handle and transport materials as needed.
• Help to prepare new construction sites by digging, moving dirt, or compacting space.
• Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials from site.
• Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly.
• Complete all tasks in a timely manner.
• Take appropriate breaks as directed by site supervisor.
• Follow all health and safety guidelines and relevant OSHA regulations.
• Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Safely operate a variety of tools including pressure washers, drills, jackhammers, saws, grinders, blowtorches as well as hammers, cutting tools, shovels etc.
• Report issues with unsafe tools, equipment, and conditions immediately to site supervisor.
General Labor Requirements and Qualifications
• High school degree or equivalent is desired; vocational school or trade apprenticeships are a plus.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• State licensure to work with hazardous materials preferred but not required.
• Must be physically able to do the work: able to stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 pounds.
• Good eye-hand coordination.
• Must be comfortable climbing up ladders and at elevated levels up to 6 feet.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Able to work independently while an active member of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management and co-workers.
• English and Spanish fluency is a plus.
Location: Outer Banks
Pay: $15-20/hour Based on Experience
<< Return to Job Openings