Job Summary: Responsible for the operation of a forklift or other heavy equipment to safely move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise around the facility.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to drive a forklift- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb on and off of required equipment.
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to read and write English and/or be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/rainy weather.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime, including weekends and holidays.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a safety check of the forklift to ensure it is safe to operate.
- Checks fluid levels- For oil, water, and fuel before operating the lift.
- Ensures the packaging lines have empty pallets available and informs the supervisor of the pallet inventory.
- Removes palletized bags from the production lines and places them on the stretch wrapper. Operates the stretch wrapper and changes the stretch film as required.
- Places palletized bags in inventory and ensure that they are located in the proper rows storing them neatly without damaging other inventory.
- Actively participates in plant cleanliness by restacking, picking up trash and debris, and washing their equipment.
- Reads the BOLs and places the correct quantity and SKU on the carriers’ trucks in a safe and efficient manner. Any changes to the BOLs must be communicated to the Dispatcher and or office personnel.
- Performs physical inventory counts of finished goods as required- Meets quality and quantity standards- Responsible for the safe operation of the forklift and maintaining fluid levels
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
Position: Fulltime Temporary/Temporary to Hire
Location: Waverly, Virginia
<< Return to Job Openings