POSITION: Machine Operator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Plant Manager
SUMMARY: The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot, and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position, and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
• Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
• Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
• Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
• Housekeeping and sanitation
• Experience as a Machine Operator
• Knowledge of Production Procedures
• Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics, and Manuals
• Analytical Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Physical Stamina and Strength
• Handle Heavy Equipment
• Work Independently
Education and Experience:
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work performed in a plant environment.
Location: Emporia, Virginia
Pay: $12/hour Full-Time Temporary to Hire
<< Return to Job Openings