We are looking for heavy equipment mechanics for a local company.
- The Heavy Equipment Mechanic performs mechanical maintenance duties on heavy equipment such as mining trucks, excavators, forklifts, and other diesel-powered equipment in support of the client’s activities.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
• Performs mechanical and electrical repair/replacement of components on heavy equipment.
• Operates and maintains electric and/or air-powered hand tools.
• Operates machinery as required for repair/replacement work.
• Meets quality standards with no supervision and minimum required rework.
• Reads and interprets schematics, engineering drawings, and bills of materials.
• Identifies parts required to perform repair/replacement work
• Ability to read various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
• Troubleshoot using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
• Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
• Works safely by following established safety procedures.
• Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
• Team Spirit: Promotes communication and cooperation for the greater good of the company and the customer.
• Customer Focus: Meets the needs of internal and external customers.
• Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes.
• Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
• Basic mechanical skills.
• Basic reading and writing skills.
• Basic understanding of diesel-powered machinery/heavy equipment.
• Strong communication skills with individuals in and outside the company.
• Strong sense of teamwork.
Education and Experience:
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and 1 – 2 years of experience maintaining heavy industrial equipment.
Hours: Full-time, Temporary to Hire, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Lawrenceville, VA
Pay: $18-$28/hour depending on qualifications and experience.
<< Return to Job Openings