One of our longtime clients is looking for a CDL Driver (CDL A required) to assist at their Elizabeth City location.
Basic Function: Operates a Commercial motor vehicle to pick up and deliver product.
Qualifications: High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience; valid NC license; a clean driving record for current and previous 3 years; 1 or more years experience in a retail or warehouse environment. Knowledge of shipping & receiving practices; forklift experience a plus. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, repeatedly. Must be able to drive a manual shift straight truck.
• Applicant to provide clearance through a North Carolina Criminal Record Check.
• Applicant to provide a 3-year driving record
• Applicant must possess a valid North Carolina CDL-A Driver’s License.
• All Employees must adhere to the “Drug and Alcohol Policy.”
• Willingness to actively pursue appropriate professional development opportunities.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
Principal Activities of the Positions:
• Performs Routine Maintenance
• Pre-trip Vehicle Inspections on trucks. Report any variances to management.
• Daily warehouse inspection for Pest & Sanitation.
• Equipment Maintenance and their respective logs for:
Temperature – Twice Daily
Freezer and Cooler Sanitation-Weekly
Pest Control – Daily
Cleaning Charts – As tasks are completed
Electric and Manual Pallet Jacks – Weekly
Scaffolding Inspection – As needed
• Updates Daily Logs.
• Pulls orders-counting, weighing, and tagging for delivery and in-house pick-ups.
• Loads/offloads product at designated delivery locations.
• Ensure accurate distribution of inventory items.
• Stocking of product in FIFO (first in first out) order from racks to floor locations.
• Ensuring lot codes/pallet tags match product on sales orders prior to pulling.
• Maintain a high level of Customer Service.
• Maintain good communication with staff and other associates in the completion of daily tasks.
• Ensuring all safety and sanitation rules are followed in compliance with operating guidelines, regulations, and policies.
• Ability to work with all associates as a team.
• Participates in staff meetings, strategic planning, and special events.
• All other duties assigned.
Each employee is responsible for reporting all damage, accidents, and problems to the Warehouse Supervisor, as they occur.
The client’s relationship with the community is one of high visibility and all staff must exercise a great deal of diplomacy and maintain a friendly and professional demeanor when dealing with various stakeholders.
Senior staff will provide all equipment and maintenance training prior to unsupervised operation or maintenance of equipment.
Drivers of the vehicles are responsible for the proper weight and balance of the load. Vehicle overload tickets will be paid by the driver of the vehicle, as well as tickets for speeding or moving violations. The client is not responsible for these acts. All tickets must be reported to your Supervisor.
Position Title: Full-time Warehouse Worker/Driver (CDL A required)
Position: Full-time hourly, plus benefits
Schedule: Monday – Friday, some nights and weekends
Reports to: Operations Manager
<< Return to Job Openings